Check out this story on detroitnews.com: http://detne.ws/2qoHgzh
Michigan residents give back 10 tons of drugs
The National Prescription Drug Take Back Day on April 29 yielded 20K of prescription pills statewide
- Fact: Michigan had 2,729 overdose deaths in 2017. 1,941 were opioid-related and 699 were a result of Heroin use.
- Fact: 2017 MAPS Data indicates 19,943,203 Controlled Substance Prescriptions were dispensed in MI.
- Fact: October 2018, National drug Take Back Day, Michiganians collected approximately 40,000 opioids at 60 statewide collection sites.
- Fact: There are over 23.5 million people in long-term recovery in the U.S. from a substance use disorder. People do recover and get well.
- Fact: In 2017, the number of opioid prescriptions dispensed decreased by 10.7 percent since 2015.
- Fact: In 2017, there were more deaths from drug overdoses than car crashes in Michigan.