Peer Recovery Coach Services
The NMSAS Peer Recovery Support Services focuses on individuals seeking recovery from alcohol and drug use in the northern most counties in the lower peninsula of Michigan. The program is available to anyone 18 years of age and older seeking support for his/her recovery. Peer Recovery Support Services are voluntary and honor all pathways in recovery.
This is a free service to individuals who want help overcoming barriers to an alcohol and drug-free lifestyle. These services are confidential, self-directed, strength-based and holistic in nature. Peer Recovery Coaches receive 40 hours of training and an additional 16 hours of training in ethics, have lived experience, receive on-going education and volunteer their time to support others. Recovery Coaches are truth-tellers, advocates, resource brokers and much more.
To learn more about Peer Recovery Support Services call the NMSAS Recovery Center at 989-732-1791 or visit them on Facebook.
Whether you have
If your group or agency is intereested in a presentation for Recovery Support Services or Multiple Pathways, please contact NMSAS Recovery Center at 989-732-1791.
Facing Addiction (advocacy group) https://www.facingaddiction.org/
Faces and Voices of Recovery (advocacy group) https://facesandvoicesofrecovery.org/
Addictionary through Recovery Research Institute (Research) https://www.recoveryanswers.org/addiction-ary/
Young People in Recovery (groups and coaching) http://youngpeopleinrecovery.org/
Addiction Policy Forum (advocacy group) - http://www.addictionpolicy.org/about
William White Papers (Articles and recovery tools) - http://www.williamwhitepapers.com/
National Council on Seniors Drug & Alcohol Rehab: https://rehabnet.com
Start Your Recovery: Recovery Resources and Support: https://startyourrecovery.org/
We Face it Together: https://www.wefaceittogether.org/
WEConnect - Recovery Aftercare FREE APP
WEconnect supports recovery aftercare for alcohol and drug addiction populations by: helping you stay accountable to your new, healthy routine, creating healthy habits, keeping you connected to and encouraging communication with your private support network, and you earn rewards along the way that enhance your recovery! Plus, verifying it all through GPS location. All of your data is protected by HIPAA Compliance Standards and is secure and private.
This app addresses the most crucial time during someone’s recovery: the first year of sobriety, and equally benefits someone in long-term recovery.
WEconnect is not affiliated with any recovery program; all programs and any individual recovery regimens are welcome and are usable within the app. Some examples:
• Smart Recovery
• Anonymous Recovery Programs (AA, NA, CA, MA etc.)
• Refuge Recovery
• Dharma Punx
• Any non-affiliated programs
• 12-Step Programs
• Create your own recovery!
CREATE HEALTHY ROUTINES
• Need a reminder each day to stick to your recovery program? Need a reminder to get to your meeting? How about a reminder each morning to call your mentor/sponsor? And what about a reminder to meditate? WEconnect helps you stay focused, create positive habits, and build long-term recovery by sending you those gentle reminders.
• Simple daily and weekly views show you what you need to do to stay on track.
• Check-in to your activities when you’re at the activity location. The app will verify* your check-in keeping you on track for your routines.
*Location services*** must be enabled and the use of either cellular data or wifi when you’re checking-in to locations is required in order for the app to successfully check you in.
Easily see progress and what you need to do to stay on track.
THE OPPOSITE OF ADDICTION IS CONNECTION
• You get to create your own private, support network where you can help keep each other accountable to each of your unique recovery routines.
• Initiate conversations from within the app, see each others’ progress and encourage each other to keep up with your daily routine “reps”!
To learn more and download the APP (available for Apple and Google) go to www.weconnectrecovery.com
For more information about additional recovery opportunities within the region, please contact the NMRE Recovery Supports Coordinator, Jessica Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org