Angel Program Volunteer - Please click here to be directed to the MSP website for Official Angel Program Forms and additional program information.
MSP VOLUTEER QUALIFICATIONS: Reliable, non-judgmental, and compassionate individual. Flexibility is a must in this position. Ability to stay calm under pressure or in difficult situations is a necessity. Willingness to assist in additional tasks, as needed, is essential. All Angels must sign applicable MSP Angel Program paperwork, including confidentiality and liability release waiver forms.
· At least 21 years of age.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Registered, insured vehicle in operating condition.
· Provide transportation to treatment center for participant.
· Pay for required meals and lodging up front; then request for reimbursement, which may take up to 60 days.
· Submit to Criminal History Background Check.
· At least 2 years in recovery.
· Attendance at all mandatory training.
· Reliable contact information (phone and email).
· Ability to provide schedule of availability.
· Fill out and sign required Angel paperwork.
· Must be within one hour drive of the MSP Post.
· Listen and engage with participants.
· Provide resources and encouragement.
· Assist participant with program paperwork.